Re: OT: Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal - Yahoo! News

Author: Jared Anderson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal - Yahoo! News
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:54:47 -0700, Alex Dean writes:
> Still, though, even if I leave my front door wide open, that doesn't
> give you the right to come in and make some calls on my phone...

Apples to oranges - I don't agree with this analogy.

Your door is wide open - this does not permit me to enter.

Your door is wide open AND you are broadcasting invitations - this
permits me to enter.

The more accurate analogy:
Your door is wide open, you're broadcasting invitations, you give me your
address, you give me directions, you authorize me to enter, and you give me a lease
(which can be renewed or may never expire).