Re: plug] Re: OT: PXE explaination

Author: R P Herrold
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: plug] Re: OT: PXE explaination
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Erik Bixby wrote:

> I'm looking for something more in depth. Something like a RFC. Only,
> there is no RFC for PXE, and the links I've found to Intel's site
> forward to a dead .org site... I want to know enough about how PXE is
> supposed to work to be able to watch a machine boot with Ethereal, and
> see where the problem is.

reading further -- I was afraid (having been repeatedly
burned) of the Intel habit of shifting content around, and the
broader aspect of 'disappearing' web content; I gathered a
large local [to me ;) ] backup archive of such material at:

     http://www.owlriver.com/tips/pxe-install/

at the bottom. Enjoy.

- Russ Herrold