Re: problems with network install of Suse 9.3?

Author: Erik Bixby
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: problems with network install of Suse 9.3?
Technomage,
For what it's worth, this release of SuSE has been a bit unusual;
normally, SuSE doesn't put any part of the ftp install on their
mirrors, until they put the whole thing up. With 9.3, they have put
everything up, but the kernel packages, apparently. If you do a
md5sum comparison, you'll find that MD5SUMS is missing from the i586
directory. It *seems* as though Novell is allowing people to download
the vast majority of the distribution now, and will release the kernel
packages whenever they see fit.

I haven't seen anywhere that they're advertising SuSE 9.3 Pro is out
and available for download. If anything, the live cd/dvd might be
available.

I hope this helps to clarify...
-Erik