Re: Text SSL browser for Slackware 8

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Text SSL browser for Slackware 8
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Alan Dayley wrote:

> 440MB hard drive with about 80MB space. 12MB RAM. I was willing to let
> it sit for a day or two and compile but it would not do it. I think the
> glibc and gcc are too old for the current Lynx source. I didn't really
> look into it to be sure.

I also have an important box like that. It has two 500 MB disks and 28 MB
ram.

I am trying to build a small kernel for it. I removed the disk support
though, so I need to figure out to get lilo to tell it to load the
ide-related modules if possible.

What glibc do you have? If new enough you could get a lynx pre-compiled
package somewhere (even from another Linux distro) and extract it.

Or you should try to upgrade your system. I don't know if any distros
these days make it easy for your 12 MB system though.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/