Re: multi-fx() dead tree device Yes, dead Copyright 2002

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Re: Multifunction Device Support in Linux
Subject: Re: multi-fx() dead tree device Yes, dead Copyright 2002
Am 21. May, 2005 schwätzte ec so:

> Probably a 'dead tree' finding any 'new' ones. The pdf
> on spec's was copyrighted 2002 that the epson page
> pulled up. The cx4600 for instance is copyrighted
> 2004.

Also looks like the epson cx4600 might have support under Linux.

###
Very compatible
Reviewer: J from Jacksonville, FL on Mon Dec 27 23:44:37 EST 2004
36 out of 58 found this review helpful

Actually ended up with one of these for free, but very much worth it's
price. The box says compatible with Windows and Mac, but the CX4600 works
very well with Linux. (For CUPS printing, set the driver to 'EPSON STYLUS
Photo R300' and select 'Four ColoStandard Mode'.) Scanner works nicely
with SANE. Scan speeds are quite good, text printing speed is also good
with sharp output. You'll have to be a bit patient for high quality
graphics prints. The built-in card reader is a welcomed bonus and
workslike a champ under windows and linux. Printer/Scanner setup under
windows 2000 was easy. I was able to remove Epson's default install
'helper apps' that come attached with the Windows driver install (ie.
CardReader Monitor and a few others). With inkartridges of about $13 each
and 4 ink tank system, TCO of the CX4600 should be much better than its
competitors, such as HP's small, tri-color tank design that the CX4600 is
replacing.
###

That's from:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetailReview.do?oid=97055&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&ct=0&BV_SessionID=@@@@0065386129.1116746049@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddaddejildmmhcfngcfkmdffhdfif.0

Aieeee. almost as horrid as the PLUG site URLs :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans