Re: multi-fx() dead tree device Yes, dead Copyright 2002

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: multi-fx() dead tree device Yes, dead Copyright 2002
Probably a 'dead tree' finding any 'new' ones. The pdf
on spec's was copyrighted 2002 that the epson page
pulled up. The cx4600 for instance is copyrighted
2004.

Just fwiw.

Now this is 'out on a limb' so don't 'cut me off'. but
the newer 4600's and etc seem to 'list' the same type
of specs. Usb compat etc.

You might ask on some of the linux forums IF one you
find one locally and etc, if it has been utilized
completely by anyone. Just a thought. Or go directly
to epson and ask!!

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=24875246

I got the following link for questions on the cx4600

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=EmailForm&oid=41663&prodoid=46048266

--- "der.hans" <> wrote:
> moin, moin,
>
> my $gf wants an all-in-one printer, scanner, copier.
> I, of course, need it
> to be something that works under Free Software.
>
> Much of what she'll be printing is photos, I think.
> She might also need to
> make lots of copies.
>
> We looked at LinuxPrinting.org. It seems that epson
> has the best support.
>
> We'd like something good, without having to go top
> of the line.
>
> We haven't seen the recommended CX3200 and CX5200 in
> stores. The forums
> don't have full positive info about the ones we have
> seen in stores.
>
> Anyone have a multi-fx() dead tree device to
> recommend for use with
> GNU/Linux?
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> # https://www.LuftHans.com/
> http://www.AZOTO.org/
> # I've got a photographic memory,
> # but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans

Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.

Nothing more is expected.