Re: Access Issue (was Re: PLUG Website)

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Access Issue (was Re: PLUG Website)
Am 16. May, 2005 schwätzte Trent Shipley so:

> Hypothesis: A significant number of web accounts are unable to directly
> access the PLUG website.

s/web/Internet/

Based on info discussed on the list the problem appears to be at the
hosting providers end.

That is sufficient reason to move the site.

We want to take Darin's offer of hosting a box. Alan has contacted Darin
( and Darin has responded ) about the conditions. We want to make sure we
don't overstep what Darin's offering.

Darin has offered that we can host a box with Deru. He will provide rack
space for the machine and bandwidth for us to run the web site and our
mailing lists.

I'd like the thank Darin and Deru for the offer.

I'd much prefer to be hosted locally.

BTW, there used to be some economy setting that caused routing
problems. Does that matter anymore? If it does, can we check that that
isn't the problem? I used to have to turn that feature off because Speed
Choice couldn't handle it. Haven't paid attention to it in years.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
#  stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds