Re: Best server distro...?

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Best server distro...?
On Thu, 19 May 2005, JD Austin wrote:

> I go with CentOS and install yum and apt to make installing packages
> painless.
> The benefits of going with CentOS is that it is updated frequently and
> is based on the Redhat Enterprise Linx distribution.

Anyone have any comments about ease of easily moving to and from CentOS to
Red Hat Enterprise to White Box to Lineoux to X/OS Linux to Tao Linux to
Scientific Linux to Pie Box to Fermi Linux?

Can updates to and from any of the Linux distros based on Red Hat
Enterprise code be done quick and easy?

Any examples?

I maintain a few Red Hat Enterprise boxes and I sometimes teach classes
covering Red Hat Enterprise, but may be interested in trying other Linux
distros based on Red Hat Enterprise code.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/