Have you Hurd of it?

Author: Judd Pickell
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Have you Hurd of it?
I have been lurking on the list for a while, and I maintain a mixture
of various OSs (hoping to add OSX soon), but I have always been
interested in understanding kernel development/manipulation. Now, mind
you, I am still a newb to *nix environments (I am not a hard core app
developer yet.. ) but in a continuing discussion on /. I came across
mention of Hurd.

What I thought was interesting is that the OSX uses the Mach kernel,
doesn't it? So does that mean that Hurd itself could be a viable
replacement to the various Linux distros out there? Of course software
has not been ported to it yet most likely, but what do you think?

On a side note, the recursive Acronym for Hurd is just hilarious..

Sincerley,
Judd Pickell