Re: Help with reformatted hd 2

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Help with reformatted hd 2
Just a thought: is there a filesystem on hde1? After you make the
partition, you need to mkfs to make a filesystem, similar to a dos
format. I don't know what knoppix allows/requires, but I presume ext3
would work ok. (I'm assuming that knoppix requires a pre-existing
filesystem).

An example of the mkfs command might be:
mkfs -t ext3 -c /dev/hde1

-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;
  it is a collectivist myth.