Re: Help with reformatted hd 2

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Help with reformatted hd 2
Continued from previous message re.

I just used kwrite on this other machine and saved a
test message, shut down, reopened kwrite and went to
it and opened it. But the other machine..the
reformatted on, gives errors when attempting to do
that..

So I think something in the 'setup' of the hd' on
reformatting it, is messed up, but what??

I have tried 3 different programs to reformat and save
the new partitions and it still wont write to that hd.

1. The gui based one in Mdk9.2, but shutdown when it
gets to the install point. Done that before to
'splitup' existing hd's with no problems.

2. Qtparted...reformatted and saved...I think

3. Fdisk, which I have used before.

???
--- Mark Jarvis <>