OT: Old time BBS

Author: Devin Rankin
To: plug-discuss
Subject: OT: Old time BBS
Back in the old days, 1980 to 1996, I ran an old time dial in BBS called The
Unknown BBS. The board ran on a number of different computers. From an
Apple II to a 386.

Well, last week I came across a piece of software called Citadel. It runs an
old time BBS, but one you can access on the internet. And it has real
e-mail, so you are not limited to e-mail only to and from other members.

I installed in on a Fedora Core 3 computer and put it up on line just just for
the fun of it and to recall the old days.

Its at www.theunknownbbs.com

Anyone who wants to re-live those old pre-internet days, it welcome to stop by
and put up a few silly posts and have a good time.

Devin