Re: BJC-2100 printer configuration

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: BJC-2100 printer configuration
On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 22:31 -0500, wrote:
> I am running Fedora 2. I have been trying to install a Canon BJC-2100 printer using the cups interface and have been getting the error "Printer not connected will retry in 30 seconds", but nothing happens. I have checked the cable and it is fine. The documentation I have read recommends the gimp-print-ijs driver, but i cannot get this to install from the installation program. Does anyone know how to get this to install from the command line?

----
yum install gimp-print

setup or system-config-printer

My thinking is that your first problem is connection. Is this USB? Is it
connecting to USB?

what's output from
ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
cat /var/log/dmesg | grep USB
----

> ALTERNATIVELY--
>
> Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive printer that is reliable for
> low volume printing, that also has relatively inexpensive cartridges?

----
Fry's was selling refurbished HP 7110's for $199

Great printer/fax/scanner/color copier combo

cheap printers / inexpensive cartridges aren't the way ink jet printers
are sold. The cheaper the printer, the less ink in the cartridges and
thus the more per page - pay me now or pay me later philosophy. I think
Gillette perfected the formula in the 60's by giving away the razors.
Bic rained on their parade. Bottom line, cheap ink jet printers are
never cheap.

Craig