Re: Web CMS without a DB?

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Web CMS without a DB?
Which services are already running?
Some possibilities:
IIS web server
Apache web server
ASP services (you mentioned server-side JavaScript)
PHP
CGI
Perl
Others???

What you can use depends on what you already have.

That said, you can use XML as a hierarchical database structure if you
have some reasonable level of server-side code available. If you can
load in an XML library that supports XInclude, then you can even manage
it as a relational-hierarchical system (which gets really neat for a
simple CMS, especially if you build a really basic XLink setup for the
navigation structure)

==Joseph++

P.S. your local-client idea sounds more like a web-design package than a
CMS. Alternatively you could always just setup a local machine with a
false DNS to point to itself for the site you're building, run whatever
CMS you prefer there, and just do a quick web-crawl of that to get your
HTML pages and pipe them up to your real server...