Re: What does this mean?

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: What does this mean?
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

> I have supermount enabled so don't do a mount command per se.

I'd suggest your turn off your autofs and disable supermount (maybe one
and same on your box). Turn it off and try it the old fashioned, manual
way.

For example:

$ dmesg | grep CD
hda: CD-224E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hda: ATAPI 24X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
$ mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /mnt

(replace hda with your device as shown by dmesg above.)

$ ls -la /mnt

If that fails without errors, try a few disks too. (Be sure to "umount
/mnt" first.)

Jeremy C. Reed

                 Media Relations and Publishing Services
                http://www.reedmedia.net/