Re: noobii question linux for laptop?

Author: Stu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: noobii question linux for laptop?
I've run SUsE 9.0 on my HP ze4420us, and with the exception of no DVD player,
and some 3D video issues, it's done pretty well. One thing I will suggest to
any Noobie is to get "Linux for Non-Geeks" by No Starch Press. It comes with
a Distro of Fedora, and the book is well written and easy to understand. It
tells you everything you need to know to get started and I have learned a lot
from it. Fry's had it on sale for $20 with a $20 mail in rebate when I got
it.
Stu