Re: Where to get website development questions answered?

Author: Alex Dean
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Where to get website development questions answered?
Josef Lowder wrote:

>Just as an example, I'll mention one of my current questions, which is:
>How can one control the sequence and timing of image displays on
>a website so that a first designated image displays, then a slight delay,
>then the next designated image displays below that, then another, etc.

There's no way to do it through straight HTML.

Anything dynamic on the client-side like that can be handled through
JavaScript, though you run into the problem that some clients are bound
to have JS support turned off.

You could also look at SMIL, which is markup langage like HTML, but
devoted to displaying audio and video. I'm not sure how widely
supported it is.
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/

regards,
alex