Re: bash scripting: mplayer command line playlist

Author: Mike Hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: bash scripting: mplayer command line playlist
mplayer does a good job of playing from command line. there are times when i'm using my laptop and running on battery power only, and, to save on battery life, i use command line only.

(that does make sense right? command line only will extend the life of my battery?)

so in a terminal one can type mplayer * in a directory and it'll play all the files and if you add -shuffle it'll randomize it.

i have xmms and others, so i'm all set in GUI.

besides I like being at a coffee shop or airport and working in command line and people coming up to me and saying "What's wrong with your computer? With mine, at home, I don't even have to type anything!"

My friends come over and see yum update running or whatever and say "jeez your computer breaks down a lot" I love stuff like that.

one other thing, when running Gnome on my laptop I've had people say "mac user huh?"

guess it's the layout of the toolbars.. i'm rambling now...

mike h