Re: HELP Larry? (NetBeans)

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: HELP Larry? (NetBeans)
As I understand your request:
The code must run on J2SE 5.0 (JRE/JDK 1.5) (Netbeans is irrelevant at
runtime)
The code must contain at least one JPanel component
The code must implement an Applet

The following should meet your request, and was auto-generated by NetBeans.
If you're having trouble with compilation in NetBeans, try changing the
compiler to the external compiler, since the NB4 internal compiler has
some issues with J2SE 5.0.
Also, make sure that your classpath for compilation is correct (it has
no connection to the classpath environment variable whatsoever)
Also, from your description, it sounds like you have code in your test
classes that calls the method "getComponentPane", but that method isn't
properly visible, or isn't defined.

/*
* TestApplet.java
*
*/

/**
*
*/
public class TestApplet extends java.applet.Applet
{

  /** Initializes the applet TestApplet */
  public void init()
  {
    initComponents();
  }

  /** This method is called from within the init() method to
   * initialize the form.
   * WARNING: Do NOT modify this code. The content of this method is
   * always regenerated by the Form Editor.
   */
  private void initComponents()
  {
    javax.swing.JPanel jPanel1;

    jPanel1 = new javax.swing.JPanel();

    setLayout(new java.awt.BorderLayout());

    add(jPanel1, java.awt.BorderLayout.CENTER);

}

// Variables declaration - do not modify
// End of variables declaration

}