Re: Flat or Hourly Billing ??????

Author: technomage
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Flat or Hourly Billing ??????
I've done this. its better when building/rebuilding from scratch to set a flat
rate for the job.

This is generally easier on accounting and also a little easier on the
customer.

On Friday 11 February 2005 09:19, evb wrote:
> How do you charge to rebuild a system from scratch? Flat or hourly?
>
> The reason I ask is because anyone who has done a rebuild knows there's
> lots of standing around: put the disk in, start the installation process,
> make a phone call, kick the cat, repeat--for the good part of two days.
>
> Building a system from scratch can take 12 hours of non-continuous time by
> the time you install and configure and patch the OS, plus maybe 10-15

<snip>
I consider data transfer (installing os applications and not the OS itself) to
be a seperate item. thats is generally $65.00 at local shops.

the only time I charge for hourly is when I am making a house call.