Re: Test rpm removal

Author: Eric \"Shubes\"
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Test rpm removal
Bart Garst wrote:
> I have an rpm I want to remove.
>
> I try the command:
>
> rpm -ev --test mutt-1.4i-1.rhl7
>
> Which I think is rpm erase verbose test this process package name.
>
> I just get a new blank cursor with no responses.
>
> I am wondering if I have malconfigures the command?
>

> ====
>
> I think you want
> `rpm -e mutt`
> (not sure about the '--test' & '-v' flags)
>
> I don't think you're supposed to put in the version number.
> I could be wrong though, it's been a long time since I last used rpm to
> remove a package.
>
> Bart

Bart's right.
--test and -v flags should be ok too.
-e doesn't normally produce any output (unless there's a problem).
-vv might show more of what's going on. Don't know though, never used -v
or -vv with -e.

If you want to see what's included with the package that'll be removed,
try 'rpm -ql mutt'.

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;