Re: Setting up a personal web server

Author: Mike Hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Setting up a personal web server
any distrobution that you are comfortable with is fine.
if this is just for developement and not needed to be highly secure,
check out xampp. that is a program you can isntall that will setup
apache, php, mysql and a few other things. it makes life easy if your
emphasis is on writing your web code and not messing with setting up
apache and other things.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html

I use it for my website and have secured it.

if it's down it's not my fault, my ISP sucks from time to time.

mike hoy
http://www.solodiver.net