Re: Faxing

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Faxing
I just 'unplugged' the phone handset and used that
line..

1. Yes, it is thru the dsl modem...that filter output
for phones on the side, that is the one Qworst wants
us to use. It is not on a separate line per say, but
the 'phone' output on the splitter.. Think that could
be a potential problem.

2. With the phone line disconnected from the modem, I
should be able to get to 'no dial tone' but cannot
even get that far so far.

3. I am, technically, somewhere above most 'home
users' but still way below most of your
guys...especially in cli and linux. Just fyi I have
mostly used gui altho I did take the 'beginning' linux
SCC class. CISda126 last spring...and haven't followed
up much since. Wife wanted me 'out of here' for a few
hrs. Hehehehe.

--- "Eric \"Shubes\"" <> wrote:

> Do I remember you saying that you have DSL now?
> Did you put a filter on the line going to the
> fax/modem?
> (You would need to)
>
> ec wrote:

(Snipped off a bunch of sig lines.)