Re: Faxing

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Faxing
Sorry about 'stepping on your toes', I guess
Staples/officemax will be 'my' fax program for awhile.
Dang modem worked a year ago just fine in Kppp and
emr.net's isp. So I know it works/ed back then. And I
have the modem cable, not a serial cable hooked up as
I didn't take the cable out of the modem end!!

Very stable modem, you could take the phone off the
hook and still surf...for hours..just hear the 'ssssh'
in the phone. Geez, most drop it either immediately or
within a minute or so.

Only a V90, but hey, faxing takes 13.4 max, usually
9600.

Oh, well.

Thanks tho and etc.

Ed

--- Craig White <> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 17:29 -0800, ec wrote:
> > --- Craig White <> wrote:
> >

> > snipped
> >

> > > So that leaves only 2 real options...
> > >
> > > - buy a real hardware modem, internal or
> external
> > > that actually uses an
> > > IRQ or
> > > - search for information regarding your specific
> > > chipset in your 'win
> > > modem' on the website - something like
> lin-modem.org
> > > and do whatever is
> > > necessary to make it work. This can be a hassle
> > >

> > > One last note - some of these modems work poorly
> in
> > > Windows too.
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >

> > THIS modem is a USR Courior EXTERNAL that has
> > gizillion options and is Hardware and serial
> > connection.
> >
> > IT AIN'T NO STINKING WINMODEM!!!
> ---
> it's been a few days but I think I was responding to
> someone else's
> comments in the thread about win modems - I stayed
> away from your issues
> about faxing since I know so very little about
> debian - I gathered that
> you needed some package - somthing like red hat used
> to call mgetty /
> sendfax.
>
> A USR Courier should be rock solid and good to go.
>
> Craig

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,