Re: Faxing

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Faxing
On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 17:29 -0800, ec wrote:
> --- Craig White <> wrote:
>

> snipped
>

> > So that leaves only 2 real options...
> >
> > - buy a real hardware modem, internal or external
> > that actually uses an
> > IRQ or
> > - search for information regarding your specific
> > chipset in your 'win
> > modem' on the website - something like lin-modem.org
> > and do whatever is
> > necessary to make it work. This can be a hassle
> >

> > One last note - some of these modems work poorly in
> > Windows too.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> THIS modem is a USR Courior EXTERNAL that has
> gizillion options and is Hardware and serial
> connection.
>
> IT AIN'T NO STINKING WINMODEM!!!

---
it's been a few days but I think I was responding to someone else's
comments in the thread about win modems - I stayed away from your issues
about faxing since I know so very little about debian - I gathered that
you needed some package - somthing like red hat used to call mgetty /
sendfax.

A USR Courier should be rock solid and good to go.

Craig