Re: (OT) Recommended Good Wireless Places in the Valley

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: (OT) Recommended Good Wireless Places in the Valley
George said:

> Surely there are a lot of PLUGers out there using such wireless points
> and I am hoping they will share there preferred haunts.

I don't have any devices that use WiFi. Wish I did. But, I recently
researched this somewhat for someone else.

http://www.wifimaps.com/
http://www.wifimaps.com/WiFi-Arizona.html

That will give you more data than you wanted to know.

- I enjoy going to Schlotzki's sandwich shops for the food, on occasion.
I think all of them in the valley now have free wireless access. I know
the one on Priest and Southern in Tempe does.

- There is a cafe in Gilbert that has it for some nominal fee per hour, no
subscription required and a discouted rate if you buy food on the same
visit. It's a nice place with sandwiches, soup and various coffees (if
you like that).

Stone Grounds Cafe
538 S. Gilbert Road, Ste. 112
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
480-718-5157

- Tempe has a wireless network going in downtown in some city government
and business partnership. Not free, as I understand it, but will
eventually cover all of downtown. OK, just looked it up, it is free but I
did not read the details. Read them yourself right here:
http://listserv.tempe.gov/admin/WA.EXE?A2=ind0501&L=tempenews&F=P&S=&P=492

- UAT, where the InstallFests are held has free wireless. But does it
reach to a restaurant across the street? Don't know.

Have fun!

Alan