Re: (OT) Recommended Good Wireless Places in the Valley

Author: Art
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: (OT) Recommended Good Wireless Places in the Valley
--- George <> wrote:
> I got a wireless adapter for my laptop and went to Barns & Noble
> (B&N) to
> test it out. It worked way to easily. Something must be wrong. What
> ever
> happened to ignoring the KISS principle?
>
> The opportunity, The connection at B&N coffee shop requires something
> like
> SBC's freedonlink (19.95 a month or other plans) to get to the real
> world.
> Don't mind paying but would like to know that the plan of use has
> good
> acceptance thru-out the valley (not just B&N).
>
> Surely there are a lot of PLUGers out there using such wireless
> points and I
> am hoping they will share there preferred haunts.

So, you're saying you don't get it, unless you're subscribed to "SBC"?
If you do, then it's "KISS"?

BTW, I just noticed my neighbourhood now has a lot of wireless
activity, which makes me think, "High School kids wanting to play the
'Kill-em-All' games from Nintendo and Microsoft... and parents who
are willing to pay the price..."

Thanks,

Art