PLUG chat room idea

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: PLUG chat room idea
I was thinking about chat rooms based on the earlier thread about volume
on the list and off topic threads. I thought it might be interesting to
put up a MUC based conference so people running IM clients that support
the Jabber protocols (like GAIM or Psi) could have the chat room more
conveniently available.
To that end, I set up a temporary conference
() for anyone interested in using it.
I'll try to keep it open for a few days to see what kind of use it gets
(if any), and gage interest.
If there's sufficient interest from the group(as evidenced by usage of
this temporary conference), I'll look into how we could get a permanent
MUC chat room setup.