Re: suggest plug-chat list (was Re: OT as long as we are dig…

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: MUAs and lists ( was Re: suggest plug-chat list (was Re: OT as long as we are digressing tonight) )
Subject: Re: suggest plug-chat list (was Re: OT as long as we are digressing tonight)
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, der.hans wrote:

> Am 26. Jan, 2005 schw?tzte Jeremy C. Reed so:
>
> > FreeBSD and NetBSD communities have numerous email lists. Frequently when
> > someone is off-topic for one list, the replies and "Reply-To:" headers are
> > adjusted to force it to be moved to the other list. For example, many
> > threads becoming off-topic end up being moved to the chat@ list.
>
> Is that done at the list level or when people respond? If the latter, what
> percentage of them use mutt or some emacs mail client?

It is done by the individuals when responding. Sometimes both lists are
Cc'd but a Reply-To is used to encourage the replies to the correct list.

But I see this list already sets a Reply-To -- hopefully it doesn't
override when it is set to something else. I will test now by setting the
Reply-To.

Jeremy C. Reed

                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/