Re: Debian CDs [WAS: Re: Hey plug cd source:]

Author: Mikey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Debian CDs [WAS: Re: Hey plug cd source:]
On Friday 21 January 2005 18:10, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> Sorry, Mike. I don't handle alpha software which is what "Sid" is.  I can
> give you testing instead.

I thought the order in stability was:

stable
unstable
testing

> Firewall? Server? No GUI needed then.

Yes. I was thinking of a firewall. Is my low-power machine capable of being a
server? If so, I suppose I don't know what a server is. What exactly is a
server? I thought it was a host for web pages.... hmmmmm..... I suppose you
don't need much cpu time for web pages. Huh! You don't need any cpu time on
the host machine to run web pages. WOW. Thanks for helping me to realize
this.

What would I use a server for?