Re: distro roundup for SCC

Author: Charlie Bullen
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: distro roundup for SCC
I for one would be very interested in helping. I know Thurman quite well
and in fact just forwared the email below to him and offered my help.

I would like to demo/discuss what I still call e-smith. This distro has
now been moved into the Lycoris family, although it is actually based on
Redhad Linux.

While perhaps not the ideal distro for total geeks, this is Linux for
the masses, infact it is more. Actually it is a veritable open source
smorgasboard, including such favorites as Apache, PHP, Perl, SSH, MySQL,
SAMBA, Squid etc, set up to be used by virtual novices.

For me, this is the sort of thing to help popularize Linux. Linux is
often percieved as made by geeks for geeks. This distro, while made by
geeks is definently for everyone.

Charlie