Re: 1st question - installing java on Mandrake

Author: Donn Shumway
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: 1st question - installing java on Mandrake
Let's look at one thing at a time. Assuming you are trying to enable
java, First in Konqueror, all you should have to do is open Configure
Konqueror and set your java path to the bin directory and save, close
Konqueror and it should work. I suggest you go to
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp to make sure it's
working.

Now Mozilla. I am not at my Linux system, but if I remember right, you
just need to create a link in your Mozilla Plugins directory to the
mozilla java plugin. Assuming your Mozilla is installed in
/usr/local/mozilla, close all instances of Mozilla first and:

cd /usr/local/mozilla/plugins

and enter this command (tweak it to reflect your actual version path):

ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_04/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

WHen you run Mozilla, go to the java test page and make sure it's working.

Good luck.