SUSE 9.2: Bad marketing, or extreme suckyness?

Author: Steve Smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: SUSE 9.2: Bad marketing, or extreme suckyness?
I'm regularly bombarded with "information" from Novell/SUSE. Today they
pointed out a page describing the differences between "SUSE LINUX
Enterprise Server 9" and "SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2".

Here's the page:
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/comparative.html

Taking their page at face value, I can't understand why anyone in their
right mind would pay for "Pro" -- it supposedly has "limited
availability" of "security patches" and "No" "software and driver updates".

Is SUSE Pro 9.2 for people who yearn to be instantly obsolete, and pwned
in short order? If so, I think I'll hold on to my money... TIA,

Steve