Re: [1st Reply] New list member looking for advise.

Author: David Huerta
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: [1st Reply] New list member looking for advise.
Glendale also tends to be a bit more anal about traffic control,
specifically speed limits. There seems to be a traffic light at
almost every obscure intersection you run across, so travelling via
surface roads can be slow. They're not as strict as Paradise Valley
or Guadalupe, however. Glendale has a lot of antique shops.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:19:35 -0700, devin rankin <> wrote:
> One link that might be helpful is the news paper here in town. You can
> have some idea of the jobs available and the rates for rental homes and
> stuff
>
> http://www.azcentral.com/
>
> I live in Glendale, the city that adjoins Phoenix on the northwest side.
> It is more fashionable to live in the east valley, so homes tend to be
> more reasonable here. But the schools are still very good, and many of
> the public services, like trash collection to name one, are better than
> you will get in Phoenix.
>
> Devin
>

> On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 00:23 -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:39:37 -0700, Rafael Sanchez
> > <> wrote:
> > > One fo the places, neighborhoods, mentioned herein has been Queen Creek. Is
> > > there any other places you guys would recommend? I'm not rich by any strech
> > > of the imagination, but with family and all, I would like to be careful
> > > where I look.
> > >
> > > Like any other city, or country in N.A., there would be a public and a
> > > private education system? What are your thoughts? And what about taxes? Rent
> > > prices for a two bedroom app? Gasoline, groceries, public transportation?
> > Queen Creek is a bit BFE.
> >
> > If you are concerned about schools I would suggest Scottsdale. IIRC
> > Chaparral High School and Saguaro High are the consistently the
> > highest scoring public schools in the state.
> > Scottsdale is not cheap but for apartments it is somewhat bearable.
> >
> > Perhaps someone could speek to the relative merits of Mesa, Tempe, etc?
> >
> > One place to keep off of your list of canidates is south Phoenix (aka
> > "Da 'hood").

.dh