Re: Dual boot environmet including XP

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Dual boot environmet including XP
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 20:20 -0700, mike hoy wrote:
> i dual boot xp and linux on this laptop.
> go ahead and use FAT for large volumes of disk space. that way you can
> read windows data while you're in linux.
> i have 23gb on this xp partition and all is well. linux can read all the
> data on windoze.

----
perhaps it's just me but I have found that fat32 doesn't perform well in
long term use in win2k and winxp. Obviously, security is not offered in
fat32 either.

I would always recommend installing Win2K/WinXP on an NTFS partition,
creating a fat32 partition for the data (you can redirect things like
'My Documents' and then you can have better stability and access from
Linux.

Craig