Re: SuSE screensaver issue

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: SuSE screensaver issue
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Michael wrote:

> Screen Saver:
>   prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
>   timeout:  0    cycle:  600

> DPMS (Energy Star):
>   Standby: 600    Suspend: 1200    Off: 1800
>   DPMS is Enabled
>   Monitor is On

> *Note: I did not see a timeout line, however I am quite interested in

The screen saver timeout is above. Since it is zero (I think) it is
disabled.

> the DPMS section..If possible I would like to disable this and try it
> out. I do not care if the server goes into screensave, there is no
> monitor attached, but I want the desktop to stay on all the time!

I don't see what is making it turn off after four minutes.

Maybe your DPMS Standby is turning off monitor after ten minutes.

If no monitor, then X probably is not (and probably should not) be running
on your server.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/