Re: SuSE screensaver issue

Author: Michael
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: SuSE screensaver issue
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Michael wrote:
>

>>Can someone please tell me how to make my computer stop turning the
>>video off after 4 minutes? I have turned off my screen saver however it
>>still goes blank. I do not want this to happen. I am using SuSE 9.1 pro
>>and it is a desktop unit. Also what files would I look in to edit for
>>this problem?
>>

>Are you running X?

Yes

>"xset q" will tell you about the X screen saver, such as "timeout".

My result to command:

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000002
  auto repeat delay:  250    repeat rate:  30
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fadfffdfffdfe5ef
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff
  bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100
Pointer Control:
  acceleration:  20/10    threshold:  4
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  600
Colors:
  default colormap:  0x20    BlackPixel:  0    WhitePixel:  65535
Font Path:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/URW,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/
fonts/Speedo,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/uni:unsc
aled,/opt/kde3/share/fonts
Bug Mode: compatibility mode is disabled
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 600    Suspend: 1200    Off: 1800
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On
Font cache:
  hi-mark (KB): 5120  low-mark (KB): 3840  balance (%): 70
File paths:
  Config file:  /etc/X11/XF86Config
  Modules path: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
  Log file:     /var/log/XFree86.0.log

*Note: I did not see a timeout line, however I am quite interested in
the DPMS section..If possible I would like to disable this and try it
out. I do not care if the server goes into screensave, there is no
monitor attached, but I want the desktop to stay on all the time!