Re: Linux shops in the area

Author: David Huerta
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux shops in the area
I'm also a Slack user, as its my favorite distribution, but I can
certainly see advantages for a commercial environment, namely because
of its well-reputed package management system and the fact that there
are more than a few Linux sysadmins out there who are intimately
familiar with the distribution.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:32:51 -0700, Nathan England <> wrote:
> > I'm a system admin for AdoptionMedia. We're primarily a LAMP shop,
> > though we do have several Solaris boxes that I'm trying to phase out
> > (hard to do with a 14-proc 6500). We're currently running Slackware on
> > all our Linux servers, but I'd like to move to Debian when I we get a
> > second admin hired to help with the workload.
>
> As a slack user, what is your motivation for moving to debian?
> I'm not trying to start a flame war, just honestly asking. I've used knoppix,
> and that's it.
>
> Nathan

.dh