Re: protocol?

Author: technomage
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: protocol?
On Tuesday 04 January 2005 16:20, Trent Shipley wrote:

> We are not against folks getting jobs doing Windows (or MVS 390, or
> whatever). See:

On this note, it seems to me that with MS getting to be so big that its
collapsing in on itself (support rates are unreasonable and the support
itself is lousy) that we should maintain some familiarity with their product
line (even if its only to make money enough to live in these hard times).

Mind you, I am still a dedicated linuxhead, but a lot of my recent work has
been "end user tech support" for MS products (such as windows OS and its
embedded applications).

AND, if at all possible, a little education of the end user in the niceties of
Linux might make new converts. In the meantime, I earn enough to put real
meat on the table (not junk food).

also, does anyone happen to have an in with AZStrut? (the computer
refurbishing/recycling outfit). I would very much like to get some work done
there (get a job). I have more than enouygh time on my hands and I would be
willing to help out for part-time pay.

thanks.