source code

Author: Mikey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: source code
You know, yesterday I was gung-ho for recompiling so that ext3 or reiserfs is
default so that Debian 3.0r1 would work. I still want to do that but am
unsure as to what I am recompiling. Is it the kernel?

But I have a problem: when I stick 3.0r1 disk 1 into the drive a message
appears telling me~~~

ISOLINUX 1.67/debian-cd 2002-05-14 isolinux: Loading
spec packet failed, trying to wing it...
isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.

There is another message saying that if there are [rpblems to boot with one of
the other cds (2-5). The problem I forsee is that if I recompile a working
image and put it on cd1 but it won't load from cd1 I am going to have the
ssame problem I'm currently having. Or else will the kernel recompile take
care of this problem?

So there are two things I need:

1- someone to download a copy of the source code for the program I am going
to recompile
2- someone to tell me how to find the kernel image so I am able to replace
it once it is recompiled (if that is the program)

I tried, 'find vmlinuz /mnt/hda4/bmike1/Documents/Debian3.0r1/' but nothing
showed

Who is willing to help?