Re: Opinion on high-volume Email server!

Author: Kevin Brown
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Opinion on high-volume Email server!
> The linux email gateway that I mentioned is mail.xyz.com and it has to relay
> emails to mail server1, if it goes down it has to relay emails to mail
> server2. xyz.com has the linux email gateway as the mail server (MX record).
> How do I configure this to relay emails the way I said.

Sounds like you want server1 and server2 to carry a DNS virtual name of, say,
internal.xyz.com and then let both of their IPs resolve to that name. Then
configure the Linux mail gateway to forward accepted mail to internal.xyz.com
and let it work from there... It should keep trying till it gets a live host
(whether that is server1 or server2)...