RE: Lookg for a backup solution

Author: Bill Wesson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Lookg for a backup solution

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Mark
Phillips
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 3:16 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: Lookg for a backup solution

What is the best (or at least a good) way to perform backups?

I have about 4.5 GB in my home directory, and I just installed a new 120
GB drive on my network to use for backups. I tried a simple tar and
compress, and I ran into a 2.0 Gb file size limitation. There seems to
be a 2.2 GB avi file in the files I want to back up. After an initial
backup, I would like to perform incremental backups on a periodic basis.

Is there a Debian package that will handle this task?

Thanks,

Mark Phillips

You may want to try Mondo.
http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/