Mail server configuration

Author: Ric Fischer
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: Mail server configuration
Hi all,

I'm new to the PLUG list. My Linux experience is minimal. I'm running
(with root access) my own web hosting (virtual private) server and
need to be able to interface FUDforum[1] into my mail server so
message can be gated between a mailing list and the forums.

My web host is cpanel/whm based with Exim running as the MTA and it's
on User Mode Linux (is this a distro, or does it only create the
"virtual-ness"?). The manual discusses[2] adding a rule for procmail
to pipe the message to a script that comes with FUDforum called
maillist.php. Apparently, from there, maillist.php will handle the
rest.

My problem is, I don't know how to add procmail after the message hits
Exim. I assume that would be the right place, but don't know if it is.
Or, would there be a better way that makes more sense? Note that this
is independent of the mailing list. As I understand it, I would
subscribe the forum as an additional user of the existing mailing list
and the newly-registered user's email from the mailing list would land
at the mail server, eventually get handled by procmail which would
then pipe it to maillist.php.

Can someone please provide a little guidance as to how I would do this?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, and, "Hi, Gene Holmerud!" :-)

BTW, I'd like to come to a meeting. I live at 23rd Ave and Southern.
Can someone recommend to me which meeting I should go to? I'm an
advanced computer user with very old and mostly-forgotten memories of
Linux. My main Linux experience these days is via SSH bashing.

--
Ric Fischer

[1] http://www.fudforum.org/

[2] http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/admin.mailing_list.manager.html