Another Thunderbird Question

Author: AZ Pete
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Another Thunderbird Question
Thanks to all who responded regarding my previous inquiry.

I was curious on how Thunderbird handles attachments. Does it keep an
attachment embedded "inside" the message or is the attachment file place in
a directory where I can then access it using a file manager.

My Eudora separates the attachment and places them in my attachments
folder. I like this setup as I can easily manage my many
attachments. Other clients, such as Outlook, embed the attachment within
the message and one must then perform a "save attachment" menu command to
get the attachment separated. This is very cumbersome when dealing with
hundreds of attachments.

How does T-bird handle attachments?
Thanks,
Peter