Re: Email notification applet under KDE

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Email notification applet under KDE
On Monday 22 November 2004 09:57 am, Lynn David Newton kindly wrote:
> Is there some sort of email notification applet that can be dropped into
> the panel along the bottom? (Or wherever people put their panels.) I've
> been looking through the Control Center and KDE documentation but can't
> find anything.

Sorry to be getting to this so late.

If you're using Kmail for POP3 and SMTP, go to the Settings button on top and
click on "Configure Kmail". Then click on:

Network > Receiving > check the System Tray Notification box >

click on Other Actions > More Options >

check the boxes for "Show message in a popup window" and "Use passive window"

Save your settings.

If you're not using Kmail then I haven't a clue.

HTH,
Siri Amrit