Re: OT: Educating users about Security

Author: Bob Holtzman
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Educating users about Security
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

> I love these people like family, but I'm getting tired of them blaming ME and
> Linux for their misery. I feel I should be blaming THEM for being so
> willfully and deliberately stupid with their computers that it came to this.
>
> So, that's my rant. Thanks for listening.

About the only thing that gets the attention of people like this is to
crack their box, install a key logger and appropriate spyware and print
out a message on their screen:

Your bank account number is -----------
Your bank account login is -----------
Your bank account password is -----------
your email to your lover/mistress ---------------- sent on mm/dd/yy said:

NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME?

Then arrange for this spyware to be sent to everyone on the network with
the correct "From" line.

--
Bob Holtzman
......check the price of the beer!"