Re: Installfest?

Author: Lynn David Newton
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Installfest?

Dennis> The InstallFest is always the last Saturday
Dennis> of the month, so this month it's the 29th.

Rats. Last I heard the schedule would be on the
*fourth* Saturday of the month. BTW, the *last*
Saturday is the 30th, and I won't be able to make it.
(I'll be a bit busy running a 100-mile race.)

Dennis> You shouldn't need to bring your monitor. We
Dennis> usually have an extra available. If you have
Dennis> the specs for yours (resolution that you run
Dennis> it at, at least) that will help.

No problem there. I can even supply my XF86Config file.

Dennis> Fedora Core 2 or Mandrake 10.1 would be good
Dennis> choices for a desktop system. ...

Why?

(I don't mean to resurrect the very tired thread about
which distro is best. Since I'll have a month to figure
it out, I can make an informed decision myself.)

Maybe rather than trying to answer that question for
the seven zillionth time, can someone tell me which of
the many Linux Web sites is best for presenting an
up-to-date and analytical comparison of the distros
currently available?

--
Lynn