Re: InstallFest D-Link Wireless

Author: Gene Holmerud
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: InstallFest D-Link Wireless
I'm in a similar situation. Same card, but SuSE 9.1. It will DHCP enough
to get an IP address, but not a DNS. So, I can ping other nodes on my
sub-net, I get only very limited outside access (nomeric IPs only).

I also have Netgear WG511 that doesn't help much.

The trouble I'm told is that manufactures use the same model number for
more than one chip set. Linux drivers are particular on support of chip
sets.

Gene