Re: Feedback wanted re Certifications

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted re Certifications
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 09:25:49 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur
<> wrote:

> What do people think of the value of certifications like A+ and RCSE?

I think that certifications are for you to prove your worth to PHB's, who
by definition are too lazy to understand technology. Managers with an
engineering or hard science background will count education and
certification as an indication that the prospect is a hard worker with a
sane head on their shoulders, but then during the interview they will push
it all asside and quiz you on your raw skill relevant to the job. I'd
believe that many Linux people today are so disestablishmentarianistic
that they may even pass over people with certifications, opting for people
with 'real skill'.

--

--Alexander