RE: less is more

Author: Bart Garst
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: less is more

> I loaded debian/sarge on Friday and have been playing
> with it since. I do have a number of problems, some
> simple and some more problematic.
>
> 1. Less is more and I have more but I want less. I
> don't seem to have the LESS command. Can it be down
> loaded? If so what package is it in or is it
> standalone?
>
> 2. K3b doesn't work. It works fine in SuSE, i.e. no
> problem with the hardware; hardware works fine in
> windowsXP too. Un debian K3b gets an error writting
> to the disk. The result is that the disk is toast.
> The message said that No version of cdrdao was able to
> write to SCSI emulation: emable IDE-SCSI (SCSI
> emulation). Did not have to do this in SuSE. Any
> ideas.

Isn't cd writing handled differently with kernel 2.6? I don't have scsi
emulation set up and I can write to mine (xcdroast).

> 2. Playing a CD seems to work, but no sound out of
> the speakers.

I had the same problem. Along with Jeremy's suggestions, check that your
user has permission for the sound card.

Should jus require adding them to the audio group - if memory serves.

Bart